Last Modified: August 6, 2018
- What personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- How we protect your personal information
- Your choices regarding your personal information
Personal information is information that could reasonably be used to identify you individually, such as your name or e-mail address.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a) Information You Give Us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily share with us through the Site. The information you voluntarily share with us may include:
- Search requests entered into the Site search function
- Requests for information and product quotes: name, phone number, email address, organization information, and specific request information.
b) Information We Collect Through Technology On The Site
To serve you better, we collect information through technology. When you access and use the Site, CDT and, in some cases, our third-party service providers collect information about how you interact with the Site. We describe below a few of the methods we use to collect information through technology.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off cookies by adjusting your browser settings if you like. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of the features on the Site may not function properly.
Tracking Online Activities Over Time and Across Websites We do not track your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting
We do not support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the websites collecting your personal information. Many websites and applications, including our Site, do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. For more information about DNT, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
c) Information You Provide To A Third Party
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to serve you and to improve your experience on the Site. Some examples include:
- Responding to requests for product information and quotes
- Improving CDT’s products and services
- Emailing information to users about our products, services, and promotions
- Continuously evaluating and improving the online user experience
- Conducting research and analysis
- Marketing and advertising products and services
HOW WE SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties. The following are some of the ways we share your information:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We will share your personal information with third-party service providers to assist us in providing services to you. The following are some examples of the types of third-party service providers with which we share your personal information and our purpose for sharing:
- Data Analytics: We retain third-party service providers to help us perform data analytics regarding your interactions with the Site. For example, Google Analytics may track what pages users visit on the Site and how long they stay there to determine how users use the Site.
- Legal Advice: We may disclose your personal information to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- Required Disclosures: We may be required to share personal information in a court proceeding, in response to a civil discovery request, subpoena, court order, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other personal information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of CDT, our users, or others. This includes exchanging personal information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Corporate Transactions: We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including your personal information:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Site or successor database.
- In connection with a consolidation, corporate merger, and the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. The Site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Site.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE/YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents who use the Site may request that we provide certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can make such a request by e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “Sunshine Law Request”
HOW WE PROTECT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use.
For example, only employees who need the personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to personal information. Employees with access to personal information are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable.
We will retain your personal information until you request that we delete it as described in the “Your Choices Regarding Personal Information We Collect” section below.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to access, update, correct, and delete your personal information.